System for energy efficient windows, doors and screens. Sustainable, ecological, 100% steel
Impressive solutions in steel and stainless steel
• Thermally insulated doors and windows
• Curtain walls and glazed roofs
• Doors and windows with & without thermal break
• Security doors and windows (burglary, bullet resistance)
Opens Architectural works have quite a number of steel products. These products range from doors, to windows and screens. As it is with our company, we promise you elegance, precision and impeccable performance and to crown it all we give you durability and brute strength.
Opens makes use of the traditional system of welded steel products to give you windows and doors yet we have refined our methods and production to ensure that we bring two new innovations to the market of steel. These new innovations include an increased thermal efficiency as well as uniquely slim products to fit into any size and space our client’s desire.
Open AW knows how to exploit the advantages of steel as a material for the construction industry and offers a correspondingly energy-efficient, high-performance and durable product portfolio for indoor and outdoor applications. From public buildings where long-term functionality and safety are paramount, to modern residential and office buildings that require transparency and thermal insulation, to historic buildings that need to be renovated as faithfully as possible with a narrow view – Open AW offers the right solution.
Uniquely we do have a FUTURA XS system which is such designed that windows with thermal insulated elements as well as fixed glazing and ultra slim facings. This system opens up to a diversity of possibilities and due to its profile nature being of 100% steel it is suited for renovation of old buildings. This system also provides excellent sound insulation properties making it suitable for commercial buildings and office spaces.
Freedom of design with profile systems made of steel
Profile steel tubes are an optimal construction element for doors, windows and curtain walls for structural reasons. Large-surface elements with extremely narrow face widths can be produced from steel and stainless steel, which is otherwise not possible with other materials. In many respects, steel as a basic material is a reliable partner, in particular for our Open AW profile systems:
• Elegant, transparent, lightweight and slim constructions
• Impressive element dimensions − the structural properties of steel make this possible
• Many varied forms, curved in elevation or in plan
• Easy to combine with materials such as concrete, glass, membranes and wood
• Offers many fitting options
• Durable and economic
• Ecological and sustainable, 100% recyclable
• Ideal for renovations
Our steel designs do come in two classes which are bright steel and continuous galvanized steel. With specifications which include:
- Thermal insulation: U-values up to 0.15, fixed glazing up to 0.14
- NFRC Certification
- Enhanced tightness from three circumferential sealing layers
- Glass elements up to 2 1/2" (triple insulation glazing)
- Burglary-resistance RC2
- All system applications comply with EN 14351-1 (CE marking)
- Sound insulation values up to Rw = 47 dB
- Thermal Break
- Welded corners, which provides a greater and stronger connection to reduce corrosion.
Opens provides our clients with innovations and unique options which ensure that our clients get maximum value for their money. We cater to all types of clients with all sorts of needs and specifications.
Besides full support from our technical advisers, we provide architects, planners and metal-construction companies with detailed documentation and practical digital aids to help them complete their design and implement the systems.